News Round Up – 3 – 14-04-16
Podcast 3 – News round up
This show is a short 5-10 minute podcast of our top picks and events and news which we think you’ll find of interest. It’s bite-size (Greek-style) to keep you up to date with the latest. Help get the word out.
News Round Up – SHOW NOTES AND LINKS
1. Cyprus exhibition – April 6th to April 30th – Nicosia – London to Nicosia – Art, Expression and Connection.
First group exhibition of London Cypriot artists in Nicosia – The Loukia & Michael Zampelas Art Museum invites you to the opening preview of the first group exhibition of London Cypriot artists in Nicosia. Visiting: Monday to Thursday 10-1 & 3-6 Friday 10-1 & 3-7 Saturday 10 -6 Sunday Closed.
- Loukia and Micahel Zamlelas art museum
Visit fFgoura thttp://www.figoura.co.uk/#!festival/qhe0fo learnmore abiut the event and festival. The first greek dance festival taking place launches on the Bank Holiday, May 30th 2016 with an exciting Cretan ‘Glenti’. The Cretan set includes 4 spectacular musicians who join us all the way from Crete that will keep you entertained throughout the day.
3. Adelfia Continental Grocery
Taking orders for Easter! Flaounes etc 940 Green Lanes Winchmore Hill N21.
Adelphia, a family run Greek Cypriot & Continental food store, situated on Masons Corner. They have brought the authentic taste of Cyprus and Greece to Winchmore Hill, to share with Cypriot compatriots and other local residents, who are seeking to eat a healthy Mediterranean diet.
4. Just in our Food section – Theo Michaels – AUTHENTIC SPAGHETTI CARBONARA RECIPE https://yourgreekguide.co.uk/2016/04/11/theo-michaels-authentic-spaghetti-carbonara-recipe/
AUTHENTIC SPAGHETTI CARBONARA RECIPE
Authentic Spaghetti Carbonara – a wonderfully simple yet delicious dish. Its origins are a topic of debate and but its popularity is not. There are a dozens of carbonara recipes, but I like to cook a carbonara recipe that is ‘almost’ authentic served in my parmesan basket – watch the video as well. For a simple carbonara recipe it is surprisingly rich and always satisfying.
5. George DaLaras live at Greek wine Festival – http://www.parikiaki.com/2016/04/more-on-george-dalaras-live-at-the-cypriot-wine-festival/
Saturday 25th & Sunday 26th June at Alexandra Palace’s Great Hall.
6. Stella Bompotsiari and her team teach Greek to people from all over the world through her online school “Greek Lessons OnLine” greek-lol.com
7. My Big fat Greek wedding 2 – Reviewed
A Portokalos family secret brings the beloved characters back together for an even bigger and Greeker wedding.
View the trailer http://m.imdb.com/title/tt3760922/?ref_=m_nm_knf_i2
8. Get a new website or update your existing one with the help of yourGreekGuide
Business. community and not-for profit websites can be designed, hosted and training available on how to update them. Contact email@example.com
9. Yourgreekguide.co.uk Directory – https://yourgreekguide.co.uk/directory/
Solicitors, financial services, Djs, online shopping..It’s free and easy to add your details.
10. Have something to say or want us to feature you, your group, cause or business? Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Greek On The Green “Party With A Platter”
Enjoy a meat platter with rice, chips and dips at Greek On The Green in Conjuction with Rocking Through The Decades. You then could dance the night away to some 70s, 80s Club Classics with a touch of Greek. It’s a ticket only events.
WHENWHEREGreek On The Green – 18 The Green Winchmore Hill, London N21 1AY, United Kingdom – View Map